Wood for the Trees by Meredosia

Stream it - YouTube - Bandcamp
Download it - Nextcloud

While I was making my Megadrove collection this last fall, it did occur to me that I should start making real chiptunes. But where to start? After playing with Deflemask, doing stuff for the Famicom's Ricoh 2A03 chip and PCM expansion, it seemed like I'd need to make a bunch of NES songs in order to become good at it. Then I could make an album of it, and move onto the next system. The title comes from the lyrics of my song Gwydion's Pride. I used to tell my audience how I looked upon them as my own personal forest for whom I'd brought a gift, a bundle of firewood.

The cover design was supposed to be used in a four part album of PJ Baby's, which I was planning until the project's abrupt dissolve. So I prettied up the art with some color pixel stuff I've been practicing. And it's a pretty album, worth a listen. I promise. I don't know that anyone dislikes video game music when it's done with such love. So here you go, trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Priority Male by Dildozer

Buy the Tape - Paypal $10 Stream it - YouTube Download it - Nextcloud In 2014, Dildozer made a full-length with some new songs an...