Liquid Crystal by Meredosia

Stream it - YouTube
Download it - Nextcloud

When I first started making chip music I was challenged by the required use of a noise channel for drums. Naturally, you might want to use the noise channel in concert with the bass, but there are also limited octaves for most 8-bit sound chips. To overcome this, I figured the most challenging thing would be to make a heavy metal album for the Game Boy Sound System. Some of these pieces started as songs for a band I played in called Slortar (later Rahzar). Others were for a song set with the made-up genre of 'high school metal', and others were for a new Glatisant album. The cover art meant for one of four parts of a full album I'd been recording in 2015/2016. But that album never came to be. Still, the initial drawing translated well to pixel art. While there is some stylistic range here, I'm proud to have produced a heavy metal album entirely for the gameboy. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Priority Male by Dildozer

Buy the Tape - Paypal $10 Stream it - YouTube Download it - Nextcloud In 2014, Dildozer made a full-length with some new songs an...